Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Template pic

I had an idea.

(This often gives me a headache.)

It's this: I need to stop spending so much time doing three things for TDC.

1. Creating a fresh Icon for each weekend post. It takes too much time, and is quite temporary, temporally. (Repetitive redundancy? Yeah, I caught that, too.)

2. Wasting my one day of awesome opportunity I could be using to create some good "willies-osity" in the intrawebnet-tubes by continuously extolling the virtues of TDC and its front page contributors, and trying to get more people to join in the forums. Ya know what? Show by example, not by exhortation. This awesome opportunity to have some fun should be explored and exploited!

3. Trying to tell folks how to live their lives. Who the fuck am I to do this? Hoot already offers self-improvement hints and help. Me?

I am the willies.

And the willies is what you'll get.

So here's my new steadfast icon. From now on. "Please Do Not Enter."

This pic is one I took in an old hotel at an air quality conference, and this building was due for destruction the following week. I explored this old building, saw a corridor that would have been suitable for a young boy on a Big Wheel to encounter a pair of ghostly twin girls, and later then came upon this here stairwell door.

I took a pic, and then used image altering software to max out the contrast. The weird colors came through on their own.

I quite like it. I had to black out the arbitrarily placed piano to the left of the door. I played it, and found it was badly out of tune, which added to the echoing spookiness all the way up to the sixth floor in that dank, hollow stairwell.


Here ya go. I'll use it each time, from now on.




God Help You. God Help Us All.

No comments: